This self-paced online training course was created by ZenMation to help family members, friends and neighbors, caregivers, educators, employers and coworkers better understand combined hearing and vision loss.
The course consists of six learning modules that use a variety of interactivities to engage learners and bring the content to life. Individuals with combined hearing and vision loss share their personal stories and experiences through short videos used throughout the course. These videos help to underscore the positive tone of the training and remind viewers of the importance of proper supports.
In this training, people will:
- Learn about the unique challenges that people with combined hearing and vision loss experience.
- Discover how combined hearing and vision loss impacts everyday activities.
- Learn how to communicate more effectively with someone who has combined hearing and vision loss.
- Learn about the range of assistive technology and specialized supports available to people with combined hearing and vision loss.
- Learn where you can go for more information.
Check it out: https://mn.gov/deaf-hard-of-hearing/learning-center/trainings/#/detail/appId/1/id/400794